This is NOW!!!!

This is NOW!!!!
Wow - I'm feeling pretty good about myself! :) 150.2 lbs!!!!

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Sometimes you've just got to make it work! (aka - what do you want to be when you grow up?)

This is Sad Jenn at the thought of no Zumba!
Tonight my kids were in a singing performance at school.  Know what that meant?  NO ZUMBA tonight.  :(  It made me sad to think about missing out on my class.  So, I went to www.zumba.com and found a class at Curves in Hinesburg.  It was a circut class (which I've never been to), but I thought I should give it a try to see if that was a certification I'd like to get.  When I got there I was welcomed with open arms.  I decided not to do the circut (there were some weird-ass machines I've never seen in there!), but I Zumba'd for 30 minutes and worked up quite a sweat!  Six activity points!  Yeah!  :)

It would have been very easy for me to say 'to heck with it' and just skip, but I want this BAD!  I want to stop obsessing about losing the last 15 lbs and start obsessing about what I'm going to DO with the rest of my life!!!!  :)

I actually made a very big decision lately.  I've decided to go back to school.  I've got my degree in Marine Biology, but no real practical experience.  I've got a lot of business experience, but no degree!  So, it's been hard to find a job!  But MAN - I'm ready to work again!  So, I'm going to go to school to become an  aesthetician!  Waxing, Facials and my personal favorite the artistry of makeup!  (That last part was very tongue-in-cheek, by the way..... I'm not sure when I'll ever have a need for putting 'smokey eyes' on a woman.  But hey - we'll see!)

This looks so relaxing!!!  I want one!
It's a whopping 4 months of school - then get ready!  My skills will be unleashed somewhere in Addison (or perhaps Chittenden) County!  I'm actually pretty excited.  I feel like I've been spinning my wheels for several years.  Not really knowing what I want to be when I grow up.  I would have NEVER imagined being interested in aesthetics, but now that I've gotten a bit older (and perhaps wiser?) I see the need for teaching people how to take care of their skin & taking good care of my own!!

In fact, a few weeks ago I went and had a facial - and I swear.  I looked 10 years younger when I was through!  I'm really lucky that I didn't spend my youth baking in the sun, and considering I'm 40 I think my skin looks pretty damn good!  But there's no time like the present to take care of myself so I look SMOKIN' HOT as a 50, 60, 70 year old!  :)

An Aside:  My ex-boyfriend from a million years ago's Mom, Grace, was in her 60's, and she had AMAZING skin!  I want to be like her!  :)

Wow - what in the heck does that have to do with weight loss?  Um... absolutely nothing!  But, wait.... maybe it does????

Losing weight makes you feel good.  When you feel good you want to do all that you can to look good.  Looking good - aesthetics.... I see the connection!  :)

So, once I'm 'settled' I'll be teaching 4 - 6 Zumba classes a week (that is my goal), I'll be a kick ass aesthetician & I'll be at GOAL!  Plus, once I'm at goal, I really want to be a Weight Watchers leader!  I think I'd be good at it.  I seem to motivate people.  It makes me feel good to help people move toward their goals....

Sounds like I finally know what I want to be when I grow up!

Do you know what you want to to/be when you grow up?  Do you want to motivate your kids / spouse / friends?  Do you want to live a happy & healthy life?  Do you want to fit into a sexy little black dress?  You need to do some serious thinking about what your goals are so that you can start to move toward them!

Back when I was 210.2 lbs I had no goals.  I had no motivation.  I have no IDEA what I wanted to do when I grew up!  I was in a marriage that was steadily getting unhappier.  I was fat.  I was close to filing for bankruptcy.  I lost several homes in Massachusetts to foreclosure.  The shit was hitting the FAN!!!!!

Now that I've got some defined goals I see the path I need to take to get there.  And let me tell you, there is NOTHING that will get in the way of a focused & motivated Jenn.  NOTHING!!!!  Not even a decadent piece of dark chocolate!  :)

So, I haven't cooked any amazing recipes in a week or so.  This week has been nuts, but NEXT week is the kids vacation!  I'm going to spend some time planning meals with the boys this weekend.  Expect some masterpieces coming out of my kitchen next week!  If anyone is interested in coming over to cook a meal, just let me know!  I'll do everything I can to help you create a delicious & healthy meal your whole family will love! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment